Many markets and florists in HDB heartland sells daisies as part of their daily offerings. I was often attracted by the beautiful small flowers and their vibrant colours.
I decided to pick up two stalks and used them in my class to share how to paint daisies using real examples.
Here is some info about daisies (Source: http://www.theflowerexpert.com/content/growingflowers/flowersandgeography/daisies)
- A Daisy is a perennial whose evergreen leaves form a basal tuft or a rosette.
- Daisy flower plant has a prostrate fashion or a growing habit of spreading.
- Daisies can be propagated by division in spring or through sowing seeds in spring or late autumn.
- English Daisy is a serious weed in the northwest United States.
- The Daisy flowers open at dawn and are visited by many small insects.
- Daisies are used by children to make daisy chains.
- The Daisy’s leaves are edible and can be used in salads.