Journey in Ink hopes to inspire you to take up the gentle healing art of using Chinese ink brush strokes and composition to practise mindfulness. Chinese calligraphy is the art of brush written Chinese character using expressive lines and dots by a brush. It is also known as “ink dancing”.
1. Lesson Notes
2. Useful Online resources by artists:
- Henry Li – Blue Heron Arts – https://www.blueheronarts.com/
- Ning Yeh – Oriental Art Supply (http://www.orientalartsupply.com/)
- Proko – Stan Prokopenko (http://www.proko.com/ ) for good video clips on drawing techniques.
- Calligraphy and the Chinese dictionary by Gu Jian Ping www.zihuzhe.com
- Virginia Lloyd-Davies – Joyful Brush http://www.joyfulbrush.com/
3. Sample video clips on Painting Orchids (画兰）
4. Sample video clips on painting Bamboo
Bamboo leaves and formation
5. Chinese ink supplies:
There are many shops in Bras Basah complex which sells Chinese ink painting materials. You can also purchase online via taobao.
a) Chen Soon Lee, Block 231, Bain Street, #02-31, Bras Basah Complex, 180231 Tel: 6338 7252