Pin Lay is an educator and social artist.
A visionary and passionate educator, Pin Lay has been spearheading many initiatives in using science(since 1983), technology(since 2007) in teaching and learning, team building(since 2008) and also Chinese ink(since 2009). Her solo ink exhibition Journey In Ink 知己。墨。若悟 was featured in 联合早报on 31st Jul 2014.
She has been interviewed by various media on her work for Nanyang Girls’ High in using technology and in recent years for social causes. She has been interviewed by 93.8 Live, Mediacorp Channel 8, Zaobao and other magazines for her involvement with World Vision as a social artist who uses Chinese ink for a cause.
Portfolio as social artist (Gallery@OURF)
Chi Pin Lay 紀濱麗 is a social artist and educator in the little red dot, Singapore. Her paintings and artworks have been sold in Singapore Botanics Gardens (2014) and The Arts House (2014,15). She has sold more than 100 paintings and counting since her exhibitions in 2013. Pin Lay’s paintings and artworks have travelled to Bhutan, China, Cambodia, Myanmar, Mongolia, Seoul(Korea), South Hebron, Sydney(Australia) and Zambia.
She is grateful to her late maternal grandfather Mr Gan Tiong Huat, the adopted son of Mr Gan Eng Seng for giving her the artistic genes. She hopes to walk in the footsteps of her great grandfather, Mr Gan Eng Seng, a pioneer and philanthropist of Singapore, who amongst many other contributions, built a bilingual school for poor children in 1885.
Gallery@OURF is a social initiative by OURF.
- 2009 Sage and Nature Art Exhibition 《一山一水一圣人书画展>
- 2010 Singapore Life Art Society Art Exhibition《笔情墨韵 法国罗浮宫画展 》
- 2013 Pattern Liao Liao Art Exhibition
- 2013 Zambia! The Art Exhibition
- 2014 Journey in Ink 知己。墨。若悟
- 2015 SG50 Art Exhibition: Art and Diversity
- 2017 Mongolia: Affinity 缘 Exhibition at NUSS Guild House
- 2013, Calligraphy for Alicia
- 2014, Calligraphy paintings for Singapore National Paralympic Council
- 2014, Calligraphy paintings for St Patrick’s School,
- 2014, Calligraphy paintings for Lee Kong Chian, School of Business, Singapore Management University
- 2017, Calligraphy 福 for Katong i12 CNY theme decorations
- 2017, Calligraphy painting for Tang Teahouse Changi Village
- 2017, Calligraphy painting for Women of Vision’s event, Love is the Reason (Valentine Day’s special)
- 2017, Calligraphy paintings for Hope Church Singapore
Portfolio at OURF:
- 2008/9 Online High School for Scholars under Oracle Education Foundation
- 2008-present, Yong Tau Foo Team, a team building tool for schools and organisations
- 2015 Creative Humanitarian Lab for World Vision Singapore
2015 Teaching basic IT literacy skills to Myanmese helpers from MyHelper.
2015 Created and taught the curriculum for Chinese ink and painting for Visually Impaired staff, staff and student interns from Dialogue in the Dark, Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- 2016 Chinese ink painting class at local bakery, East Manhattan
- 2016-2017 Chinese ink painting classes at Gallery@OURF
- 2016 Chinese ink painting class for seniors at Bt Panjang Methodist Church
- 2017-present, Chinese ink painting class under NUSS National Silver Academy
Pin Lay holds a BSc (NUS, Singapore), Dip-in-Ed, Dip-in-Departmental Management (NTU, Singapore), Grad Dip Business Admin(SIM, Singapore) and MSc(Andrews University, USA).
- Schools taught in:
St Thomas Sec School (Science)
St Joseph’s Institution (Science/Chemistry, IT)
Nanyang Girls’ High School(Technology, Marketing)
Yishun Secondary School (Science)
- Republic Polytechnic (Cognitive Processes, Teaching with Technology)
APD Certification for Digital Literacy & Technology Infused Learning (Apple Professional Development )
WSQ – Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (Institute of Adult Learning) CU1-6
ExtendedDISC® Advanced Certification (ExtendedDISC® Pte Ltd)
Emergenetics® Associate (Emergenetics Asia Pte Ltd)